Username and password¶
Username/password authentication can be used by the HTTP/WebDAV protocol. While passwords are easy to use due to security concerns it's not suitable for use in automated/scripted use cases.
This section describes how to find your Swestore username and set your password.
First, open a new web browser tab/window and log in to the SUPR portal at https://supr.naiss.se/
Click Accounts in the left hand menu to show the Accounts page.
- Note your Username for the dCache Resource in the Swestore Centre.
To initiate the password change/reset process, click Reset Password
You should now be at the Swestore password change portal. Click on the Continue button.
If requested, log in to the SUPR portal.
You are now presented with the Prove Your Identity to Swestore page.
Click Prove My Identity to Swestore
You are now redirected back to the Swestore password change page again.
Choose a new password unique to Swestore.
- NEVER use the same password for multiple resources! In particular the SUPR password and and Swestore password should be different.
- The password should be at least 8 characters long.
- It's better to use a long password that you are comfortable typing than a short password with lots of weird special characters that you get wrong.
- Enter the new password in the Password and Verification text entry boxes and click Set.
- The page will reload and display if the password change was successful
- If the text Password change was successful is displayed you have completed the password change procedure, close the web browser tab/window.
- If an error message is displayed, note if there is any specific complaints (ie. password length), correct and retry.